Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India programme
- IMPRINT is the first of its kind MHRD(Ministry of Human Resource and Development) supported Pan-IIT + IISc joint initiative to address the major science and engineering challenges that India must address and champion to enable, empower and embolden the nation for inclusive growth and self-reliance.
This novel initiative with twofold mandate is aimed at:
- Developing new engineering education policy
- Creating a road map to pursue engineering challenges
- IMPRINT provides the overarching vision that guides research into areas that are predominantly socially relevant.
- The ten domains represent the most important areas relevant to our country in order to enable, empower and embolden the nation for inclusive growth and self-reliance.
- The first phase of IMPRINT is dedicated to creating a policy document defining the scope, strategy and mandate for pursuing engineering challenges in the country and not developing a specific technological product or process. The real engineering pursuit will ensue in the second phase.
- Under the IMPRINT-I Programme, 142 projects at a cost of Rs. 318.71 crore are under implementation. These projects cover crucial domains like security and defence, information technology, energy, sustainable habitat, advance materials, health care, nano technology, climate change, etc.
- The Centre had sanctioned Rs. 1,000 crore for the Phase II of the Impacting Research Innovation and Technology (IMPRINT) India programme.
Key points to remember